For the past four weeks I have been dealing with a cough/walking pneumonia. I got on an antibiotic on Tuesday and I am finally feeling like I am at the end of a long bad day. I ripped one of my intercostal muscles from coughing so much and for a few days was in so much pain I couldn't cough or breath or move or sleep without wanting to cry. But today I was feeling so good that I went out and ran a mile!
Before all of the sickness we took our kids to the zoo for the free zoo day in Idaho Falls. It was a good experience but tiring and a little frustrated at times. We were reminded why we only go to the zoo once a year. Keith wanted to see the penguins more than anything else and wouldn't take time to enjoy all the other animals, and then when we finally reached the penguins at the end of the zoo he got bored within three minutes. He got distracted with a small drain cover in the sidewalk that he could lift up and look into (go figure). But, the lions were out and awake and the monkeys were very active and showing off which was a lot of fun to see.
My super silly children!!!
On my birthday I was fighting my cough at the beginning stages and didn't feel the best. I did make myself dinner and blew up lots of balloons (using a bike pump) for the kids to play with. Derrick loved them A LOT.
A picture Natalie wanted me to take with her animals :)
Here I am just yesterday reading to the kids before bed the "Creatures of the Deep" book I got from my mother. It is the new favorite book in the house :)
Derrick discovered the kitchen drawers today and was so happy and proud of himself! He is a super fast crawler and pulls himself up on everything. He loves to crawl over and bawl his head off and pull himself up with our legs and beg to be held.
And that is what has been going on in the last month :)
2 comments:
What a great update sis!
Love the photo of the kids all around you while you read "Creatures of the Deep." Derrick looks pretty proud of himself pulling out the lid drawer. Cute kids. So glad you are healing!
Post a Comment