Blog Archive

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moved in

Well it has been a long, long two weeks but we are finally all settled in to our new apartment. We still have no pictures on the walls and a bunch of empty broken down boxes are taking up half of our living room, but it is good to have everything in its proper place. Nate built some awesome shelves for our outside storage closet which saved us SO MUCH space. Without those shelves I have no idea what we would have done with all of our camping and outdoors stuff. I feel kind of bad for the kids, though they wouldn't say that. They have gotten to watch MANY movies this last week while we were trying to unpack and clean up. It is seriously the only way to get them to stay in one spot long enough for Nate and I to get anything done! Hyrum is finally adjusting to our new home. His schedule got all messed up during the move. Now he really likes to be rocked to sleep and it is the only way he will go to bed most of the time. I am trying to ween him from being rocked because it is just easier when your baby can fall asleep without help. I have really enjoyed the time I have gotten to snuggle with him though. It makes me feel like I get to cherish his baby stage more. He is almost crawling! He gets up on his hands and knees and will rock back and forth and even lift one hand up in the air and move it forward, but then he flattens out on the ground. He really wants to play with whatever the kids are playing with and when he starts to really move, they better look out! Keith is already getting irritated with Hyrum when he does get to close to his books or block towers. I have to keep reminding Keith that Hyrum is just a baby and that yelling at babies is not nice.

No comments: