Blog Archive

Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Update

I go through these blog slumps where I don't feel like I have much to talk about. I keep saying to myself that once I have the baby I will have so much more to say, but truthfully I probably won't have the time or sanity to write much after he is born. So I should do it now. This month I worked on some sewing projects. I made a jean quilt for Hyrum's toddler bed and then I made a small blanket to go in Derrick's bassinet. They are both super adorable and when I have a moment I will take pictures of them and post them on face book or on here. Earlier in the month I got sick with a cold and even though I was taking essential oils and garlic and a bunch of other things, I was sill sick for over a week. But I was still able to function enough to take care of my mommy duties which is a blessing. We spent Thanksgiving day with some extended family and for the most part it was a good day. I was feeling pretty uncomfortable with pregnant issues but was able to maintain a happy face.

This past week my kids have all been taking turns battling a weird stomach virus. Keith had diarrhea and vomiting off and on for four days, and then Natalie has had diarrhea and Hyrum has been throwing up for two days and having diarrhea. The worst was when Keith went in his pants while he was asleep. He didn't even wake up! I went down to their room (we moved Keith and Natalie down to the pink and yellow room in the basement this month also) to check on them before Nate and I went to bed and it was like walking into a sewer. The smell was that strong. I knew what he had done and I woke him up and took all of his sheets and blankets and threw them in the washer (so glad I have my own washing machine!!!) and then I put the poor kid in the shower. He was so out of it he didn't even know what was going on. "Why is mom torturing me???" he must have been wondering.
Nate is the most amazing husband and did the dirtiest job and washed his underwear by hand....I wanted to just throw it away, but my smart husband didn't want the garbage can outside to be wreaking for weeks before our next trip to the dump. 
So Keith got all cleaned up and I put him back to bed, and in the morning Nate went into the bathroom and saw and SMELLED Keith's underwear full of you-know-what sitting on the bathroom floor. Ya....he at least woke himself up this time but he didn't bother to put his underwear in the dirty clothes or even wake us up to tell us what happened! He wanted to do it all by himself.

And this month has been a challenge for me as a pregnant person. I have been struggling with all sorts of pains: back pain, inner leg pain, hips, hemorrhoids (yea!)...but I don't really want to complain in this post. Some days are good, some days not so good. My emotions are out of whack too, but that is kind of normal. I have a VERY wiggly baby inside me who loves to punch me and sit on my nerves and be mean to my woman areas. Last night I didn't get to go to sleep because Keith and Hyrum were crying and needing help and every time I got out of bed I would wake up my wiggle inside me and he would stay awake and roll and I just can't sleep through that! So even thought I was in bed at 10:30 I didn't go to sleep until 1:30. But didn't I say I wasn't going to complain??? hum....I guess I lied.

I have four weeks left (hopefully that's all) and then I can be a little more comfortable, but have no sanity. So I have decided to just enjoy being pregnant and without a newborn even if it means being in constant pain because at least I have most of my sanity.

I do have some fun things that I am participating in right now that have been keeping my mind busy. I joined our ward choir and I am also singing in a quartet at our ward's Christmas party next week. All of the people in choir were so excited to have me join and were so impressed with my singing voice (blessing of being Burt). And then I was just called as the Beehive advisor (mom what does that entail??) and I love young womens so I am so excited to go back! And I know all of the young girls are going to be so happy to have a little baby to distract them from the lesson on Sundays, haha!

2 comments:

Claudette Burt said...

Super wonderful update! One suggestion - believe you will have your sanity when the baby come. As woman thinketh - so is she :)
Love your guts (especially the wiggly ones)!

Dave n' Kristi said...

Sorry for all the prego sorrows! I've just been telling myself for the last month..."It's just for a few more weeks...!" I always feel better once the baby is out though, no matter how sleep deprived I am, at least I CAN get comfortable in my sleep.