I love this time of year, it is my favorite season for so many reasons and one of those is pumpkin. And not just carving pumpkins, but making all sorts of yummy things with canned (or fresh) pumpkin. I have found two recipes that I absolutely love!
The first is Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins:
1.5 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs (I used powdered eggs)
1.5 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup water
3 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chps
combine all ingredients and mix. Grease muffin tins and bake 2/3 full at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
They are so so so so good!
Next is Whole Wheat Pumpkin tortillas:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup canned pumpkin (or 1 cup pumpkin meat blended with 1/4 cup water until smooth puree)
mix the dry ingredients then slowing add the pumkin. If mixture is too wet add a bit more flour, if too dry add a little bit of water. Roll into balls and then using a rolling pin roll out as thin as possible on a floured surface. Heat in a skillet for about 30 seconds on each side.
Makes about 8-10 medium size torillas.
I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious! And there is no fat in this recipe at all! And they are really flexible so when you roll up your burito it won't crumble on you. Store leftover tortillas in a ziplock bag in the fridge to keep them fresh.
Next meal...Pumpkin pie!
7 years ago
4 comments:
Sounds yummy! The Halloween tree was something Sue Lee didn't want (I believe an old Enrichment night craft or something) so Mom passed it on to us. The tree was premade we just had to make and put on the decorations.
Wow - who knew you could make torillas with pumpkin! Think I'll try it. Grazie!
I left the comment above, not Sara (she used my commuter last and it was signed in under her name) but I bet she would have made the same comment :)
had me fooled! although I did wonder why she used an italian word...now I know.
Post a Comment